The controversy surrounding Kevin Yoder’s nude swim in the sea of Galilee continues as the Congressman became the focus of the David Letterman’s top ten list. He gave the top ten excuses for Yoder skinny dipping in what some Christians consider to be sacred waters. Yoder spent most of Tuesday trying to explain away what happened on a trip with other Congressman last year in Isreal.
“I was one of the last to go in probably could have used better judgment at the moment and decided not to,” explained Yoder.
He issued a public apology. Yoder was the only Congressman to swim in the nude. Kansas Democratic Chair Joan Wagnon asked for Yoder’s resignation and condemned his behavior.
“How he votes, how he behaves, even in public on a foreign trip representing the United States. It’s shameful,” said Wagnon.
Letterman concluded his “Top 10 List” by explaining the number one excuse for swimming in the sea of Galilee was “That’s how we party in Kansas!” Here is the complete list:
1. "What's the big deal, I was naked the whole trip."
2. "It was spring break; chill out."
3. "People in the Middle East are pretty easygoing about nudity."
4. "In my defense, I had been drinking heavily."
5. "Trying to take the focus off Mitt Romney's taxes."
6. "It had been days since a congressman did something embarrassing."
7. "It's Obama's fault."
8. "Putting the 'junk' in ‘congressional junket.’’
9. "I can't swim naked, but Barney Frank can walk around like this?"
10. "That's how we party in Kansas."